It’s fun to pop the question to your bridesmaids, but how do you get creative when asking your gals, “Will you be my bridesmaid?” We gathered a few items from our new Indian Jewel collection to create a “Bindis and Bangles” gift box to surprise your girls. It’s a cute and unique gift, especially for South Asian brides or for brides with a jewel tone wedding theme! Create your own in just a few simple steps:
Gather Your Supplies
For this project, you’ll need the following items for each box:
- Gift box (Your local craft store should carry a variety of types and sizes. Find one with just the right dimensions for your items)
- Jewel Tone Bridesmaid Printable
- A photo of yourself with each bridesmaid
- Gold ribbon
- Glue Dots
- Paper Crinkle (White or Gold)
- Golden Elephant Frame
- Indian Jewel Henna Votive
- Jeweled Peacock Kraft Favor Box
- Small set of bangles (You can find pretty bangles on Etsy)
- Pack of small multicolored bindis (Also easily found on Etsy)
- Sapphire Jewel Favor Bag
- Rolo chocolates or similar small foil-wrapped chocolates
- Personalized Gold Bottle Opener (optional)
- Tassel (optional embellishment)
1. Print Your Personalized Sign & Photo
Get started by downloading and editing your bridesmaid printable. Once you have edited all the printables you need with each girl’s name, you’re ready to print and adhere your sign to the inside of each box using Glue Dots.
DIY Tip: You can edit the printable for a bridesmaid, maid of honor, or for any one else in your wedding party.
Then, print one of your favorite photos of you and your bridesmaid to fit the elephant frame. Including a personal photo is a sweet touch your gals will love!
2. Prep Your Box
Add paper crinkle to your box to provide padding for your gifts. Place the bangles inside the favor bag or leave them out if you wish, and place them in the box. Also place the votive and elephant frame inside the box.
3. Make Bindi Favors
This original favor is perfect for the girls to use their bindis for the wedding ceremony or mehndi party! To make them, remove bindis from the pack and stick one bindi on each foil-wrapped chocolate. Next, put all chocolates inside the peacock kraft favor box, and place the small favor box into the box with the rest of the items.
4. Time to Pop the Question!
Now that your gift box is complete, string your bottle opener on ribbon and tie the ribbon around the closed box for a beautiful final touch. Finally, it’s time to pop the question to your bridesmaids. Invite them all to a bridesmaid luncheon and present each girl with her elegantly packaged gift!
How will you ask your bridesmaids? Tell us in the comments below!