Yesterday’s My Little Man Baby Shower featured adorable little mustache cookies. As promised, here’s the recipe!
For the Cookie: Our favorite no-fail, no-spread cut cookie recipe is from Bridget of Bake at 350. Her Vanilla-Almond Sugar Cookies are tried and true! They hold their shape while baking for a clean cut cookie.
For the Icing: We have not mastered royal icing, so we stuck to store bought Wilton fondant and black food coloring, a quick and easy decorating trick.
- Add a little bit of black food coloring to the fondant and knead it in until it is well blended.
- Continue to add more black until you have achieved the darkness you want.
- Dust your my cutting board with powdered sugar and roll out the black fondant.
- Using the My Little Man mustache cookie cutter, cut out fondant for each cookie.
- While the fondant is still soft, use a toothpick to score the mustache hair lines on it.
Assembly: All that’s left to do is put your pieces together!
- After the cookies are done and fully cooled, add a dab of store bought icing to the cookie.
- Simply place the fondant mustache on top.
- Tip: the icing doesn’t have to cover the entire cookie, just enough to act as a “glue dot” to hold the fondant on the cookie.
- You can make these ahead and store them in an airtight container until ready to serve!