Sprinkle Themed Baby Shower
Guest post from Nicole, Marketing Assistant
Last weekend I helped throw a Sprinkle for my fiancé’s sister, Alisa. The weekend was jam packed from a marriage proposal from my long-time boyfriend Friday night (more on that coming soon!), to helping Alisa and her family settle in to a new house Saturday, and celebrating baby #2 with a “Sprinkle” Sunday morning!
You may be thinking, “What is a Sprinkle?” It’s a trend in baby showers gaining popularity among second-time moms. Rather than a full blown baby shower with games and gifts and an extensive guest list, a sprinkle is a way to honor the Mommy to be and baby #2 in a relaxed, low-key setting.
On Sunday we skipped the games and opted for a quiet morning without kids for Alisa and her friends to catch up. However, no detail was spared in the decorations! Alisa’s Sister-in-law (and mine to be), Lauren, hosted. Together we pulled off a blue and grey “Sprinkle” themed brunch for baby boy!
- Sprinkle Umbrella Evite via Paperless Post
- Framed print-out of the invitation for Alisa to keep
- “Sprinkled with love” bunting & balloons
- Paper “Clouds and rain drops” hanging from the ceiling
- Food labels with umbrellas
- Blue & white confetti
- Polka dot balloons
- Silverware and sweets displayed in mason jars filled with candy
- Bagel Bar with chicken salad, egg salad, cream cheese selections
- Mini quiches, spinach dip, veggies, fruit salad
- Sprinkle cookies, adorable and delicious rattle-shaped cake pops, “cloud” meringues
- Mimosas and Arnold Palmer’s to sip
- Kate Aspen Umbrella book marks for guests to enjoy!
Everyone munched and mingled, and then Alisa opened a few gifts and got a BIG surprise – a double stroller for her 2 year old, Ella, and baby to share! A “sprinkle” is a good opportunity to ask guests to pitch in on a group gift for a mom who may have many baby supplies already.
Alisa was so sweet and had thank you gifts for the hostesses! A small token of appreciation is a great way to express gratitude for a shower, or sprinkle, thrown in your honor!
I hope you’re inspired for your next celebration! What are your favorite baby shower trends? Would you consider a “man-shower” or co-ed event? I love the idea of a “see and sip” party after the baby is born too! Please share your thoughts.