We were so inspired by this year’s color of the year, Radiant Orchid, that we chose it to be our color inspiration to build our Love themed dessert bar. We started with our backdrop, a beautiful ombre chiffon fabric, available at local craft stores.
When planning your menu, always think of ways to incorporate your color scheme throughout the food and drinks you are serving. To complement our color scheme, we pulled in elements of gold and coral. We wanted to keep our love themed dessert bar simple with chocolate, cheese & wine…Pink Moscato wine of course!
DIY Cupid’s Arrow Donut Skewers with Free Printable
Supplies: 6″ skewers, strawberries, powdered donut holes, small heart shaped cookie cutter, & our free arrow printable
- Cut the berry in half and lay the flat side down.
- Use a small heart shaped cookie cutter and press it into the berry.
- Slide a donut to the center of the skewer and stick a strawberry on the end.
- Print & cut our free arrow printable. (click to download)
- Tape or glue the arrow on the other end of the skewer.
So cute and easy to do!
DIY Heart Serving Piece
We made a heart serving piece from a heart shaped craft box that we covered in gold glitter paper. This is a great way to re purpose an old heart-shaped chocolate box!
Supplies: a box, gold glitter scrapbook paper, scissors & spray glue
- Cut strips of paper the same width as the sides of the lid and the sides of the box.
- Trace the top onto the glitter paper and cut.
- Spray glue the back of the paper and cover the the box.
- Let it dry and you are done!
Now you have a keepsake box with a perfect surface for baked treats, like our adorable mini blueberry chocolate cupcakes topped with a coral colored fondant heart.
We served up Pink Moscato wine in these great personalized stemless wine glasses that we had monogrammed in gold! They are so pretty! We made sure to have another fun drink for our non-drinking friends, and served Pink Lemonade in these vintage glass milk jars. Coral sugar crystals sprinkled around the rim added a sweet finish to these drinks.
DIY Sugared Glass Rims
Supplies: Vintage glass milk jars, ribbon, heart punch, glitter paper, white chocolate candy melts, & sugar crystals.
- Use a heart shaped punch or scissors to cut out glitter hearts.
- Tie purple ribbon around the milk bottles and glue or tape a purple glitter heart to the front for a fun touch.
- Melt white chocolate candy melts
- Dip the rims in the melted candy and then dip into sugar crystals.
- Let harden and enjoy!
We also served white cheddar cheese cut into heart shapes, topped with a raspberry and these great ‘X’ & ‘O’ appetizer picks! The picks come in silver but for our party, we just quickly gold leafed them to bring in the gold.
The star of the show was our Cream Puff Trifle! Inspired by Martha, we cut a few corners for this semi-homemade sweet. We simply layered ready-made ingredients for this delicious dessert that was the perfect color for our Radiant Orchid color scheme!
Our finishing touches to pull our dessert bar together included flower balls and glitter gold heart garlands to hang above our table. And to make sure our guests knew what they were being served, we added our free printable menu cards to these gorgeous gold frames!
So get inspired and host a Love themed party for the couples in your life. And if you’re single? Grab your girls and celebrate love this Valentine’s Day! With a party this glam, who needs the guys?
SOURCES: HUGS & KISSES APPETIZER PICKS: KATE ASPEN | “ROYALE” GOLD BAROQUE FRAMES: KATE ASPEN | MONOGRAMMED STEMLESS WINE GLASSES: KATE ASPEN | VINTAGE MILK JAR GLASSES: KATE ASPEN | OMBRE ORCHID CHIFFON BACKDROP: LOCAL CRAFT STORE | BLUEBERRY CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES: GIGI’S CUPCAKES | GLITTER PAPER & HEART SHAPED PAPER PUNCH: Local CRAFT STORE