A Feathery Baby Shower Idea
We design the cutest baby shower favors (and you know how much we love baby showers). As a matter of fact, we have two Kate Aspen babies on the way right now (congrats again to Holly and Leah)! Here are some great DIY baby shower decorating ideas, and the perfect baby shower favors to go along with them. Enjoy!
Ahh, feathering the nest. Decorating to celebrate a nest feathering is easy and fun (and relatively inexpensive-yay!)
Tons of really cute “feathering the nest” invitations are available on the internet. Links to the ones seen here are found at the end of this post.
- Buy feathers, faux birds and bird nests at your local craft store and grab your glue gun!
- Use Jordan almonds for eggs – or jelly beans.
- We love this mossy centerpiece – just waiting for a glistening glass vase filled with flowers – or how about water and a goldfish or two?
- See that darling little feathered nest hanging in ribbon? More on that in a few.
- Simple cupcakes – basic recipe, white butter cream icing, and “nest” provided by toasted coconut and malted milk balls shaped like eggs – easy!
- Perch birds on curtain rods and lamp shades. “Feather-up” some bird nests and set around on windowsills, side tables – you’re catching on!
- Tune into your inner vamp and pick up a couple of inexpensive feather boas. Drape around centerpieces or drape from your chandelier – the more feathers the better.
- “Our New Nest” Bronze-Finish Metal Tea Light Holder makes a great baby shower favor for this theme – or prize awards for games! Pick up a couple extra and light them up as part of your shower décor – so cute.
- Make a nest for your favors – this one’s an inexpensive plate charger from Bed, Bath and Beyond. Tuck in raffia and feathers, then casually nestle your favors (like “The Nest Egg” Scented Egg Soap favor) inside – and set near the exit door as a delightful “bon voyage” thank-you keepsake for your guests.
- Another decorating trick – with sharp scissors, make a clip from one edge of the bird nest to the center. Slip the nest around the neck of a small lamp or wall sconce, secure with a bit of hidden tape, then decorate with feathers and a tiny bird. Adorable.
- Birdhouses are a plus – so bring yours inside for a “nesty” décor enhancer. OR, buy the plain bird house ornaments at the craft store and set your guests up with a craft project during the party – “paint your own birdhouse!”
- For an elegant touch – see that fluffy wreath with the sparkling bird ornament? You guessed it – we’re about to give you two crafty project ideas (you’re going to be amazed, btw, at how easy that pink wreath comes together.)
Same bird nest from the craft store, same feathers – but hang these from a ribbon cradle! Hang several at different heights from curtain rods, light fixtures, or find a handy branch, set the base in plaster of paris or a heavy vase with a styrofoam block inside for balance, and make an adorable tree centerpiece!
Coffee filters! Can you believe it? We ran across this excellent, excellent idea quite by accident, and are pointing you to the fabulously easy instructions at Birds of a Feather .